It’s no secret that pink and purple are two of the most popular colors in the world of women. And when it comes to nail designs, there’s no exception! Whether you’re looking for something subtle or something flashy, by mixing these two together – you get a world of trendy options that will dazzle anyone and everyone.
BUT, even when you take two amazing colors and mix them together, the result is not guaranteed. There are ways to pull it off flawlessly, and unfortunately, there are ways that can result in a complete disaster.
In order to help you get the perfect mani every time, we’ve put together this guide of do’s and don’ts purple pink manicure rules as well as a gallery of dozens of amazing pink and purple nail designs that will dazzle you (or at least inspire you).
Since a picture is worth a thousand words, we’ll start with some inspiration before the tips…
Pink and Purple Nail Designs Done Right
Take a look at the following pictures of pink and purple nails – all of which have been done exceptionally well. Even if you don’t like every design, there’s bound to be something that strikes your fancy and gets your creative juices flowing for your own mani!
A few quick things to note about these designs:
– The colors are well-balanced and complementary
– There is a good mix of light and dark shades
– The designs are appropriate for both casual and dressy occasions
– There is a good mix of simple and complex designs
Now that you’ve seen some examples of what works, let’s talk about what doesn’t when mixing them up…
Pink and Purple Nail Designs to Avoid
There are a few key things that can go wrong when mixing pink and purple together in your nails. Here are the two main things to avoid:
– Too Much of One Color: This is the most common mistake people make when doing their own pink and purple nails. They either use too much of one color or don’t mix the colors together well enough, resulting in uneven distribution. This creates a design that is either too “pink” or too “purple” – neither of which looks good.
– Incorrect Shade Combinations: Another big mistake is using the wrong shade combinations. For example, using a light purple with a dark pink will usually result in a design that looks muddy and unappealing. It’s important to use complementary shades that will work well together.
With those tips in mind, let’s move on to the dos of pink and purple nails…
Pink and Purple Nails – The Do’s
Now that you know what to avoid, let’s talk about what you should do when mixing these two colors together in your nails. Here are a few key tips:
– Balance is Key: As we mentioned before, it’s important to find a good balance between the two colors. You don’t want one color to overpower the other, so make sure you mix them together evenly.
– Use Complementary Shades: Another important tip is to use complementary shades. This means using light and dark shades of both pink and purple. This will create a design that is more visually interesting and appealing.
– Keep It Simple: Sometimes, less is more. If you’re not confident in your ability to mix these colors together, it’s best to keep the design simple. This doesn’t mean that your nails have to be boring – there are plenty of simple designs that can still be stylish and chic.
With those tips in mind, you should now have a good understanding of how to mix pink and purple together in your nails. But if you’re still not sure where to start, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered.
Keep reading for a step-by-step guide on how to create the perfect pink and purple nail design…
How to Create the Perfect Pink and Purple Nail Design
Now that you know the do’s and don’ts of mixing pink and purple together, it’s time to put that knowledge to use and create your own pink and purple nail design!
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Choose Your Colors: The first step is to choose the colors you want to use. As we mentioned before, it’s important to use complementary shades. This means using a light and dark shade of both pink and purple.
2. Apply a Base Coat: Once you’ve chosen your colors, it’s time to apply a base coat. This will help the polish adhere to your nails and prevent staining.
3. Paint Your Nails: Now it’s time to start painting! Begin by painting your nails with the lighter shade of pink. Once that has dried, apply the darker shade of purple to the tips of your nails.
4. Apply a Top Coat: To protect your design and make it last longer, apply a top coat once you’re finished painting.
And that’s it! By following these simple steps, you’ll be able to create a perfect pink and purple nail design that is both stylish and chic.
Another way is to do what I sometimes do which is to find the best nail salon near me and let them do it 🙂
Trending Nail Designs for Purple and Pink
There is no debate that nail design done right is truly an art. You need to be accurate, you need to be creative, and you need to be fashionable. One of the most difficult combinations to achieve this with is purple and pink nails. The colors are so similar that it can be hard to find a design that looks good.
With that said, there are designs and styles that are currently trending in the “realm” of purple and pink and by doing them, your road to a successful manicure is far clearer.
Pink and Purple Ombre Nails
One of the most popular trends right now is ombre nails. This design is created by gradating two colors together. For example, have your nails go from a light purple at the top to a dark pink at the bottom.
This is a very popular design because it is relatively easy to do and looks amazing when it’s finished. Since you are transitioning two hues, if done right, it creates an elegant and chic look.
If you want to add a little more depth to this design, consider adding some glitter or rhinestones in a similar color scheme. This will give your nails some extra pizzazz without taking away from the overall design.
Pink and Purple Glitter Nails
The point of this design is the added glitter and sparkle. This small “twist” opens dozens of options for you. For example, you can do purple glitter nails with pink accents. This look can be achieved by painting your entire nail a glittery lavender hue and then adding a single stripe of hot pink down the center.
This is a fun and flirty way to wear both colors together without them looking too “candy-like”. You can also experiment with different widths for the stripe and even
Multi Color Nail Design
Add a third color as a twist. Often done by giving a different nail polish to a single finger. It’s also a fun way to get into conversations…
Among the different options, you can add blue. Pink, purple and blue go amazingly well together, and the same goes for your nails. Another option is by changing the tone of your selected purple or pink. You can add a hot pink, or neon pink to a couple of fingers and it will make your hand pop.
So there you have it – everything you need to know about pink and purple nail designs that will make you look fabulous! Which one was your favorite?